The Ehsaas Mazdoor Program has initiated its online registration process, offering a financial boost of Rs 13,000 to wage laborers. Simultaneously, the Government of Pakistan has introduced the Mazdoor Afrad Program online registration portal, catering specifically to disabled individuals, aiming to support their health, education, and daily expenses.
What is the Ehsaas Labor Program?
The Ehsaas Labor Program is a comprehensive social protection initiative launched by the Pakistani government. It aims to provide a one-time cash grant to the nation’s most economically disadvantaged and vulnerable families. Initially offering Rs 12,000, the grant has now been increased to Rs 13,000 for the working class. This financial assistance is disbursed through the Prime Minister’s COVID-19 Assistance Fund.
Who Does the Program Target?
The Ehsaas Labor Program targets individuals affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly those in low-income labor categories. Eligible beneficiaries include daily wage workers, loaders, cleaning staff, piece-rate workers, painters, welders, mechanics, carpenters, and drivers.
Steps for Ehsaas Labor Program Online Application:
- Visit the Official Portal:
- To apply online for the Ehsaas Labor Program, visit the official portal at “ehsaas.nadra.gov.pk/8171.”
- Provide Personal Information:
- Enter your CNIC, active mobile number, and personal details. Furnish additional information regarding monthly income and details about other family members.
- Download the Ehsaas Labor Program App:
- Download the dedicated app by clicking on the provided link. The app facilitates easy access to information and allows online application submission.
Ehsaas Labor Program Eligibility:
- Unemployment or Pandemic Impact:
- If you are currently unemployed or your employment has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, you are eligible to register and receive Rs 13,000.
- Ehsaas Kafalat Program:
- Additionally, beneficiaries can avail themselves of Rs 14,000 through the Ehsaas Kafalat Program.
The program encompasses various categories, including but not limited to:
- Private Drivers
- Self-Employed Individuals
- Daily Wage Workers
- Low-Income Families
- Victims of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Earners on a Daily Basis
- Self-Employed and Jobless Individuals
- Those Lacking Regular Sources of Income
The Ehsaas Labor Program utilizes a means test to evaluate financial need and the potential benefit to the individuals. Employers whose employment has been disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic are also eligible to apply.
Ehsaas Labor Program: Ineligibility Criteria and Application Procedure
Ineligibility Criteria for Ehsaas Labor Program:
To maintain the integrity of the Ehsaas Labor Program, certain eligibility criteria have been established, and the following individuals are considered ineligible:
- Regular Income Holders:
- Individuals with regular, steady sources of income are ineligible for the program.
- Income Threshold:
- Those with an annual income exceeding a specified threshold are not eligible.
- Government Employees:
- Individuals currently employed by the government are excluded.
- Dual Program Benefits:
- Those already receiving benefits from similar government assistance programs are ineligible.
- Individuals without citizenship status, such as non-citizens, are not eligible.
- Criminal Record or Fraud History:
- Individuals with a criminal record or a history of fraud or abuse of government benefits are ineligible.
- Incomplete or Inaccurate Application Information:
- Applications with inaccurate or incomplete information are deemed ineligible.
Ehsaas Labor Program Procedure:
The step-by-step procedure for the Ehsaas Labor Program is outlined below:
- Application Form Submission:
- Begin by filling out the application form available on the PM Ehsas COVID-19 Relief Fund.
- Provide Essential Information:
- Enter your CNIC number, active mobile number, and ensure the correct spelling of your name as per CNIC.
- Income Details:
- Specify your monthly income or daily salary income, and choose your profession from the provided list.
- Monthly Income Selection:
- Select your monthly income range from the options given (e.g., 10,000, 10-15,000, 15-20,000, etc.).
- Employment Details:
- Provide information about your employment status, including whether you are self-employed or work for others.
- Company Information:
- If employed, mention your company name, contact number, district, and tehsil where your employment ended.
- Online Application Submission:
- Visit the official website and complete the online application form.
- Document Verification:
- Verify your identity, residency, and income with the required documentation.
- Application Submission:
- Submit your application online, and if requested, provide any additional information or documentation.
- Await Confirmation:
- After submission, wait for a response from the authorities.
Ehsaas Labor Welfare and Challenges:
The Ehsaas Labor Program aims to address challenges in labor welfare, including:
- Labor Expert Group:
- Creation of a “labor expert group” to provide recommendations on issues like labor law gaps, informal labor sector inclusion, and social safety nets.
- Loopholes and Exploitation:
- Addressing existing loopholes, particularly in sectors like agriculture and livestock, and combating labor exploitation due to corruption and institutional failures.
Ehsaas Labor Program Helpline:
For assistance and inquiries regarding the Ehsaas Labor Program, individuals can contact the helpdesk at:
- Helpline Number:
Note: The Ehsaas Labor Program is a government initiative, and details may change over time. For the latest information, including guidelines and contact details, refer to the official website.